Friday, July 2, 2021

E+C wedding series

 


This envelope has nothing to do with the 2 week series of envelopes that is starting today. It is a pre-printed Mary Engelbreit design - leftover stationery. But, it has a *happily ever after* look to it.

For 10 years I have intended to post the mailings that I did for my daughter's wedding. I started dreaming about designing her wedding invitation when she was in 5th grade. Somewhere I have the very first layout that I did and next time I see it, I will photograph it and post it - and then hopefully toss it. I'm sure my family will appreciate me editing my hoard.

For some reason, my daughter always had lots of friends, but only one boyfriend in high school - for one year. And none in college. She was pretty crabby (for all 4 years plus one year of grad school) about the whole situation and I kept assuring her that she would meet someone as soon as she graduated and found a job. Of course, I was a nervous wreck on her behalf. When she would wail, "What's wroooooong with me?" I had no answer -- and I was worried what would happen if my prediction did not come true. 

As luck would have it, there was a darling guy who started at the same time she started her first job. Their first date was on Valentine's Day and the relationship was *official-ized* on St Patrick's Day. I love it when my intuition is/was correct -- that she would meet Mr Right at the right time and would not have to bother with a string of disappointments.

As soon as I met him I could tell that they were a perfect match. E and I were both on cloud nine. And then it took f.o.r.e.v.e.r. for the proposal. A couple years? It must have been late 2009. It was too late to schedule a 2010 wedding, so they set a date in 2011.

Mr Wilson and I flew out to Reno for a wedding planning meeting with both families. I took 50 layouts for save the dates. I forced myself to stop at 50 -- and I kept a few of them.  Everyone was impressed with the multitude of options. E&C honed in on one right away. It had a very distinctive font that looked like scribbling - which we will see tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. Love the Mary Engelbreit envelope, so fun! Looking forward to seeing the invitation choice. With all of the issues around sexual harassment today, office relationships are frowned upon. That’s a real downside, I know so many couples who met at work. So what now? I am interested to know what biographies/documentaries you recommend. Try the audio book, Greenlights by Matthew McConaughy. It’s best to hear him read it, but so entertaining. It goes to your theory. Happy 4th of July weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look back through my account and post all the books I have listened to. Keep in mind, I use them to put me to sleep. I set the timer for 20 minutes and probably only hear 5 or 10 minutes before I am asleep. I do not backtrack to listen to what I missed, so, I usually miss half of every book. I have already listened to Matthew McConaughy's book and while I do not recall a single detail about any of the events in his life, he did a very good job of communicating a perspective where you keep von open mind and allow things to unfold. You can't control things like traffic or traffic lights - but when there is a green light you go and when there is a red light you stop. Hopefully, other people will do the same. Sometimes you reach your destinations. Other times you get broadsided by someone who ran a red light -- and then you are on a whole new path.

      Delete