Saturday, July 10, 2021

e&c - gift receipt - mailing No 6


Not much to say about the layout on this - pretty straight forward.
White ink always looks nice on colored envelopes - but I like to make the address more USPS friendly.

The Crane's Blue Book of Etiquette has something that I spotted. I'd never heard of it because I was not raised with an etiquette book. The closest thing we had to etiquette was an iron clad rule to send a handwritten thank you - promptly. But that was it. After I got into the actual business of wedding addressing I bought a copy of the Blue Book so that I could answer questions for clients. The page I discovered showed wording for a note card saying that a gift had been received and that a thank you would follow. These were used in the day when a couple might go on a grand tour after their wedding, to explain the tardiness of the thank you.

Since I knew which stamps I wanted for the official thank yous, and I knew they were not coming out until after the wedding and after they returned from their honeymoon, I thought it would be cool to send the gift receipt cards so that people would get another mailing - plus, they would not be worried if the thank yous were a little slow in arriving. 

There were soooo many people who mentioned that they really appreciated all the mailings. These pre-thank yous received a number of mentions. Since the wedding was in Chicago, we opted to keep the DSM guests who were *parental aged* to only parents who had been very close with Ellen - not just friends of Mr Wilson and myself. Plus we have very few actual relatives. So -- of the 125 guests -- I only knew about 30 of them. It was really fun at the wedding that so many people found me to tell me how much they loved the mailings. It gave them an excuse to chat about something other than the usual wedding remarks, "Oh, the bride is so beautiful. Oh, they look so happy. Blah, blah, blah." 

I ran these off on my printer on the fancy Crane's paper, cut them by hand and used the small 3.5 x 5 envelopes from Paper Source. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment