Saturday, July 3, 2021

E+C wedding - mailing No 1 - Save the Date

This might work for addressing these days if the writing was not too slanted. But, I probably would not do this any more. Even if the writing was straight, I still think it would have a nice impact.
Plus, I like double stamps.

Once E&C chose the font I gave them some ground rules. We would use black ink on white paper. They were fine with that because they were picturing mostly black and white and the only other color would be green - spring green seemed right for May 7. 

I gave them some options using the font and I tossed out the idea of doing some extra mailings and having each envelope be a different color and a different size. That scribble font was perfect because it would go nicely with a variety of lettering styles.

For the Save the Date, I suggested they do a blind emboss of the E&C - actually it was e&c. It was also the only piece that I simply ordered from a fancy invitation company and I do not recall the price, but it was the most expensive of all the mailings. I was able to buy many sheets of the Louise Nevelson stamps. Obviously, the white ones were my favorites - but they were all very pretty. 

They sent invitations to the parents of all the groomsmen and bridesmaids to be polite, but did not expect them to come since the wedding was in Chicago and none of them lived anywhere near the midwest. Surprisingly, one couple responded that when they received the save-the-date they knew they would have to attend because the save the date looked like foreshadowing of a very cool event. 

The blind emboss is hard to photograph. In real life, it was very easy to read because it was so big. The envelopes were lined with a shiny black paper.






No comments:

Post a Comment