Sunday, July 25, 2021

Step 4 - not even stealing anymore (jury duty)


 There's nothing left of Janet's good idea. I dwindled into my go-to stuff. My excuse was that these were done in May while I was in the doldrums. Seems like eons ago.

I deeply regret the RE in Drewski. 

****

I'm writing this on June 6 - jury duty starts tomorrow. I served on a jury one time. Vehicular homicide. We convicted. I think people who have served on any kind of homicide case and convicted should be exempt from further duty. Also, opinions that were generated during the 40 years of hearing about inner workings of legal stuff (from Mr Wilson) should keep me away from the whole process. 

And my hearing is terrible. What if I can't hear? Should I raise my hand and tell them I can't hear and need to go home. How old does one have to be to be too old and to be exempt? 

And Mr Wilson thought I needed a new car so he mentioned it to a friend of his who had purchased previous used cars from the Wilsons. Upon hearing that a new model from the Wilson fleet was going to be available the friend managed to total his current car. Mr Wilson sold my car to the friend because the friend *needs*  a car to get to work. 

Mr Wilson thought you could just go out and buy a car. You can if you want a basic model. But he wants all the added safety features - so all he can do is get on a waiting list. 

Does this mean Mr Wilson is going to chauffeur me to jury duty? Or will they excuse me because I do not have a car? Am I supposed to ride the bus? I'm perplexed. But, for those of you who enjoyed my rants, we might have some good ones coming up. I have not even mentioned how much I am dreading being around a bunch of people. I wonder what they would do if I showed up in a haz-mat suit with a bubble helmet and my own oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment