Wednesday, July 21, 2021

From Ming - (new NYT puzzle)


 I love the brackets on this envelope and need to start an official place where I park the ideas that I want to try. Thank you, Ming. 

***

When I first added this game to the post - I was getting it for free every day. Then it went to subscription only. Then it went to one-play-per-day. So, it might have changed by the time this posts pops up.

***

I discovered another morning-coffee-game that I just love. If you try it - click on the [Help] button to see the rules. You get 12 letters - and those 12 letters will make up 2 words. While it is fun to figure out the two words, the point is to make a certain number of words out of the letters provided and there is a requirement for the order of letters that is too complicated to explain. 

All I can say is that the day I stumbled across this game, it really caught me, in a good way. I spent a ridiculous amount of time finding *5 words or less* - so the next day -- I popped it open and magically, I could see the two words that could be made from the 12 letters. It totally hooked me.

And here is the best part -- the name of the game is Letter Boxed. That's a perfect name for an envelope aficionado. I can't figure out if it is brand new (in May when I am writing this) or if it was there all along and I just didn't see it. Doesn't matter -- so happy to have found it.

https://www.nytimes.com/puzzles/letter-boxed

This is a screen shot of what it looks like as you figure out words. Whatever letter you end on - becomes the first letter of the next word. I need to find a word that starts with H and hopefully includes a G or Z. Or two more words. Each day, if you are very clever, you can find two words that use all the letters. In this puzzle, the two words were ZEBRA ANTHOLOGY



No comments:

Post a Comment