Tuesday, July 6, 2021

e&c - shower no 1 - mailing no 3


This was a shower invitation for the bride, held in Duh Moines. The style on the envelope was inspired by Nancy Hills' versals. In 2011, I was still going to the local vintage stamp store - so I was happy to find these LOVE stamps from a previous year. Once again, it was leftover paper from a custom job.

A big, initial cap, versal - that coordinates with the stamp - paired with tiny little script is a lovely layout to keep in mind for exchanges. (I'm talking to myself here -- as it is such a nice starting point and I seem to forget to use it.)

The photo of E is from halloween when she was 4 years old. At the time, she was going to a nursery school that had some dress up clothes and she liked the wedding dress. So, that's what she wanted to be for halloween. I made her a pretty nice little wedding dress. This was back in the day when I had time to sew. Wedding stuff appeals to some little girls at a very early age. It's probably related to the whole princess thing.


There is another post below - admin stuff.


 

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Jean,
    I would be sad to lose the email alert ... for so long you are the first thing I read every morning, as I check my email first, and go from there. It’s still here today, so thanks for the warning.

    On another note, re the Crane paper blog a few days back, we just visited the Crane Paper Museum in Dalton Massachusetts (quite near where we recently moved). They no longer make paper, and they were 100% rag, which must be why they got chewed up at the PO (?). But ... they are still in operation ... making and printing ALL of the US currency. Right here in a tiny town on the Housatonic River! The museum does have a great store where we scored some old rag stationary the I love for calligraphy.

    Also curious ... the ‘sign up for email alerts’ window is still here at the bottom of your blog ...

    Keeping calm and carrying on, christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did some clicking - and I might have been able to convert the sign up for email alerts to another platform. We'll see how it works -- if it works.

    Thanks for telling us about the Crane's factory. I have always liked writing on their papers.

    ReplyDelete