Monday, July 12, 2021

e&c - see U soon - mailing No 8


I have no idea how I came up with this idea.
I really don't. 
I'm pretty sure I would remember if it was something I saw - so I'm pretty sure -- it just came to me. Maybe not. If someone ever sees the same thing -- please let me know. I'm sure if I saw an inspiration for it, I would remember it when I saw it. But I have a feeling that I was just in a mailing frenzy. I know for a fact that I didn't bother with anything else during the wedding planning. E&C were both very good at planning every little detail for the wedding in Chicago and I was thrilled that all I had to do was show up. 

I even let my own dress go until the last minute and just grabbed one off a sale rack. I will refrain from saying anything about the *job* of getting the two younger brothers organized to look presentable and behave appropriately at a wedding that was going to be spiffier than anything they had ever attended in Duh Moines.

Here's the insert in the *one-more-mailing* envelope.
Once again -- the save the date was in a business sized envelope - so to make this one different, I addressed it in the portrait orientation. I probably won't ever do this again now that I am being helpful to the USPS. 

However, if you want to add the surcharge and address a business envelope in the portrait orientation, I think it is a very fun way to address. Y'all know how much I love the quilt stamps.




It was really hard to get a super black background, digitally. So this ended up on a really slick paper that I did not care for - but that was a minor detail.




 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jean,

    I've enjoyed the E & C series and can understand why you received so many compliments on each of the mailings.

    Can you share the name of the Font that you used in the various pieces? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The font is from P22 - one of my favorite foundries.
      https://p22.com/family-Stanyan

      I can never remember *Stanyan* - but I always remember that it was designed for Rod McKuen. I couldn't actually remember anything about Rod McKuen, so I just read his Wiki blurb and found that he wrote the schmaltzy song, Jean, from The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

      Delete