Friday, October 7, 2022

Ronde to Rachael - James Patterson 1

 Scroll down past this post for a bonus post with some more 2020 Halloween envelopes.


Someone on the Flourish Forum posted some decorated initials that she had been working on and wondered what style to put with them. People suggested italics and foundational -- I thought that Ronde would be much better - but doubted that everyone would know what I was talking about, so I tossed off this very quick example. The paper was horrible so the tiny lettering bled. The larger lettering is with a scroll tip. I always have fun with the scroll tips. Note to self: use them for your holiday mailings that will be tucked inside the November envelopes.

****

Book report. I'm still using audio books from the library to put me back to sleep (within 10 minutes). They have to be read by voices that are not irritating. It's even better if I have no interest in the person or have never heard of them. I had never heard of James Patterson, an author, so, if his voice was OK, his book was going to be a good antidote for my waking up too often. Bingo. It worked wonders. 

However, I also picked up some tidbits because it is his memoir about how he became a writer. He includes stories from his early years as a creative person in the advertising world. He started writing novels just for fun and eventually grew a following for his books, mostly crime related. And he writes some non-fiction, too. 

Because I churn out these daily blurbs, the tidbit that really stuck with me is what he said about writing in a no nonsense, conversational tone. That's what I do. And, he assured the readers that conversational is legit. Thanks James. I can stop stressing about the fact that I will not be able to squeeze writing lessons into my schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment