Monday, October 24, 2022

From Maggie in August - Silly sitting


It will be a long haul until we have flowers like this popping up in our yards. I spotted some of Maggie's recent work on IG and she just keeps getting better and better at her flowers. That's what happens when you take a class or two and then put in some hours. Soooo pretty. And how cute is the ladybug on top of the J.

More gorgeousness on the back. LINK to Maggie's IG account




***

Thank you for putting up with me while I fill up the October post with silliness. Remember Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks? There are a lot of people who think silliness is an important part of life. I'm not going to argue with them because the news seems to be a daily tsunami of debilitating information.  Whenever I use that word - tsunami - I think: I grew up without that word in my vocabulary. That last century was blissfully ignorant.

What is the opposite of blissful ignorance? 

I didn't come up with that question on my own. It was part of an explanation by a comedian in a video I watched. I don't have the exact words that came after the question - but the gist of it is -- if you are going to be not-ignorant - it is not going to be blissful. 

Well, this is not silly. I'm having one of those conversations and speed writing this immediately after the morning coffee. So, the silly sitting video will pop up tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. What a truly lovely work of art! Just made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, oh Maggie, your envelopes make my heart sing!
    Also, I don't mind silliness, Jean.

    ReplyDelete