Friday, October 14, 2022

Aug clotheslines to Lynne, Jessica, and Mary (De Stijl font)


These three are too similar to rate individual posts - plus I don't have much to say about them. It was a shame to use up kraft envelopes on ideas that did not thrill me. I like Lynne's the best - but, only because I like white space. I like Jessica's almost as much. That white and the stamp edging really helps.

Mary's is a deeply regret because of the colors. Regular colors get so muddy on kraft paper. And neon colors are even worse. What was I thinking? I was still in the flailing about phase with these three - I knew I was in a bad place. But, just like the wildly adventurous skiers and downhill bikers - I have to just dig deep and hang on and figure a way out of the situation without hurting myself.



Here is a quick add-on for today.
I couldn't get a screen shot of the whole font - so if you like it, you will have to go to the link and snag the rest of it.
I loved the quote:

"curves are so emotional"-Piet Mondrian- 



If you ever have time - search for some images of Mondrians early work - it's fascinating to see how his style evolved from representational things - like trees - into lines that were clearly trees - but getting straighter and straighter - and eventually, the lines were abstract.
 

Link to full alphabet   although, it would be fun to just do your own alphabet without even looking at this one.

1 comment: