Saturday, October 29, 2022

Oct to Rachael and Susan - New word from Mary

 


These were super fun to do. I might do some more and make the houses a little larger. The details are a lot of fun - but when they get too small - they lose any definition. I did the stars and dots around the stamps at the last minute - and reined myself in - before I started adding details to all of the other envelopes. Is that the right *rein*. Rain, reign, rein. Thank you for letting me just ponder. I know I could look it up - but, I am not in the mood to look things up. [I had reign at first - then edited to rein during my final edit. It's mildly disturbing how many mistakes I make.]

***

Mary left a comment on that envelope with the hand-stitching. She did manage to embroider a paper envelope without taking the envelope apart. She went on to say that the gel pen was *agernoying.* That's a very fun word that ranks right up there with insickinating. I hope I can remember it. Words like rain/rein/reign are agernoying to me. Or is it aggernoying?

I also had a nice comment from Catherine - thanking me for that one post that included the copy in French. It was a computer generated translation. 

This is my second attempt to translate my blog post into French. I wonder if Google does a good job of translating. Sometimes when I read things that have been translated into English they end up with some humorous words. I do have a favorite French word: le petite dejuner. I have no idea how to spell it. It was supposed to be the French word for breakfast.

Ceci est ma deuxième tentative de traduction de mon article de blog en français. Je me demande si Google fait un bon travail de traduction. Parfois, quand je lis des choses qui ont été traduites en anglais, elles se terminent par des mots humoristiques. J'ai un mot français préféré : le petite dejuner. Je n'ai aucune idée de comment l'épeler. C'était censé être le mot français pour le petit-déjeuner. 

I see that I did not get the spelling of le petit-déjeuner quite right. I like that word because I love to have leftovers from dinner for breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Really cute, and love the simple but pretty writing as well.

    ReplyDelete