Monday, October 10, 2022

Aug vellum+sticker to Kate - biking/surfing


 In my hoard reduction, I found a page of stick on letters. I should have given them to Jan but, I liked the colors. Since it was the first one - I didn't get very creative. The stickers are on white paper and inside a translucent vellum envelope. The stamp is nice. It would have been fun to put the address in one tiny line between the names, but I went ahead and parked it in the white space to the right of the y - and then didn't take a photo because I liked it better with the white space.

If I was going to do more envelopes with the stickers, I knew I'd need to get more experimental. I guess it takes a serious downhill slide to actually come up with something better than adequate.

As I was mentioning in the jabbering about riding bikes downhill on the expert level trails and knowing that you can't stop - I was reminded of the world class surfers who admit that they are sometimes scared. Scared - but they can't stop doing what they do. There is something magical about diving into this wildly unpredictable unknown that provides some kind of ultimate fulfillment.

I guess, in a weird way - that's what it's like when I set off on an idea. Maybe I should appreciate the problems more than I do.

If you have AppleTV - the series about professional surfers (Make or Break) - is where I gathered the insight about diving into precarious situations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment