Friday, October 28, 2022

Oct to Kate and Lynne - traditional mending

 


Filling in colors is so challenging when using markers. The layers show and they get muddy. I'm not thrilled with the noses on either witch - same issue with stamp placement. Could have used some bats flying around, but, I do like the white space.

***

During a noon coffee break, I stumbled across a video on mending that was not the fun and creative trend in mending that took off a couple years ago. It does not seem to be a trend that caught on at all. It is not surprising at all. First you have to enjoy sewing by hand - tedious with a significant learning curve. And then it still looks like you are wearing old clothes that are patched. Unless you spend an insane amount of time making it into something spectacular - and that takes time - and it might still look weird.

A tutorial on how to do traditional mending on things like jeans and shirts caught my eye. I have only watched how to mend a hole in a striped shirt and how to make a very well hidden patch on jeans. The person has soooo many videos - and I'm trying to hold back on watching more -- but, at some point, I'll probably go back.

In a perfect world, I would require readers to click a button to let me know if they have ever mended anything - to see if there are any other menders out there. I know there are quilters - but, I do not know if quilters ever mend. 

Enough jabbering - apologies if every single reader thinks this topic is absurd.

Genius repair of jeans video

And if you want more -- here is the channel:

Channel with mending videos


No comments:

Post a Comment