Tuesday, October 4, 2022

From Mia in July - Bat report


 This is wonderful. The brown background is so good with the green. We typically think of blues and greens or maybe purples for water - and yet - all she needed was a few white bubbles for it to read as under water. Nice stamps. The pop of color is perfect. 

***
Bat report. A month ago - we woke up to a bat in the house. Unfortunately, the internet had way too much info that was not comforting. Deaths from rabid bats are way up. From 0 in 2017 to 5 in 2022. Keep in mind, my memory is not reliable - but, I think I got those 4 numbers right. Even if I am off - they are in the ball park. And we have no idea where the bat is. The CDC has issued a warning about the rise in deaths from rabid bats. I'm only jabbering about this now because I have 4 posts to fill with jabbering before I can start posting my September exchange envelopes. 

I'm hoping to have an update that tells us where we found the dead bat. I am counting on it expiring because I have first hand info from an exterminator that bats die within 24-48 hours if they do not get water. So - we are making sure to not leave any glasses of water sitting around. Someone needs to invent a Bat Hotel - like the Roach Motels. Although bats are endangered and protected.  

***
We tried getting the bat out the front door. No luck. It went and hid in the fireplace. I got duct tape and sealed off the fireplace. We waited 4 days - then found and disposed of the creepy little carcass. 

1 comment: