Friday, August 30, 2024

July from Mia - Monopoly


This envelope from Mia seems to be handmade using some interesting paper and maybe ink or paint or both. The colors are very nice with the stamps. 

Our unrelated add-on today is good news for anyone who dislikes the game of Monopoly as much as I do. I understand there is strategy but it's not the kind of strategy that I enjoy. My grandkids like to play and I agreed to play. I noticed that the Monopoly company has added a third die that is supposed to speed up the game. Older grandkid did not want to try it. I pulled rank - and while it took us a while to figure out all the options, I am a huge fan. I still don't like the game - but at least it moves faster. 

I also made two Nanna-rules that enhanced the game on a couple levels. I got rid of the jail. I can't stand the agony (whining) of players who have to deal with jail - so why bother. The other thing that annoys me is how little money players get at the beginning. So we start with twice the recommended amount of money. So much more fun. 

I suppose there are people who are shocked and horrified that I would take all the challenges out of the game. Sorry - Nanna's like to spread joy. And I know the parents would never alter the rules. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment