Wednesday, August 28, 2024

July from Kate and Sharen - whispering bench



Similar color schemes from Kate (top) and Sharen (below). 
Italics and copperplate -  from real calligraphers.


On our way to the park, I noticed this bench and asked if it was new. Ben assured me that it has always been there - so, I'm confused as to why I never noticed it. If you look over at the other end of the bench, you can see another funnel where I sat and whispered to him. It's very cool. I should have taken a photo of the little nameplate thing. And it probably had a QR code thing too.

When the kids were little we made daily trips to parks. Since Ben is now 8, pushing 9 - he tends to go to the school yard to play baseball and basketball - so we had not been to the *kiddie park* in a couple years.  Ben did some climbing and then decided to run laps around the perimeter - and I timed him. Everyone else at the park was very much a toddler....with either a nanny or grandparents. I am a little verklempt that this was probably my last trip to that particular park. I'm glad I took note of the whispering bench.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment