Thursday, August 22, 2024

July from Amy, JeanR & Jessica - more about dirt


There were several 4th of July themed envelopes in July - I'll post all of them today and tomorrow.





 



***
I wonder how many times I can expand on the topic of dirt. 

When I did the search for *dirt*, most of the references were when I used the expression to *take a dirt nap.* I was surprised that I had not talked about how often I have asked my artsy friends if they remember playing in dirt as a kid. As I recall, many of us who were drawn to art at an early age recalled making mud pies and playing in dirt as happy childhood activities - which was a perfectly acceptable thing back in the last century. 

I am happy to report that the generations that followed the Boomers have elevated the concept to quite elaborate outdoor kitchens for kids. I like the more rustic ones that look very DIY - but, I suppose it's fine to support the people who are making the fancy ones - because those people probably enjoy making them. 



The DIY ones range from very easy to quite elaborate

\











No comments:

Post a Comment