Monday, August 26, 2024

July from Irene - Chicago telephone poles


I'm pretty sure Irene said she took a class in the ruling writer. As I recall, there is info on a note that she inclosed - but, I am in Chicago - and scrambling like mad to catch up. Normally, posts are scheduled at least 4 weeks ahead. So, the next few posts will be a glimpse into real time. I think Irene said she had made several attempts to figure out the ruling pen - and was finally having some success. It's an interesting tool which I have enjoyed, but, I found it difficult to teach people how to use it. 

Chicago has offered the most perfect weather which is appreciated. I've taken a few photos of interesting things in the neighborhood. On a walk to a park, we passed a couple telephone poles that were no longer being used. The tops were cut off and they had these attachments. I can't figure out if they are just decorative or perhaps they are climbing walls for squirrels. 

The attached items seem like they are handmade ceramic items. 


This is a mile north of Wrigley Field and that is the Metra train track above the vine covered wall. There are many industrial buildings in the neighborhood that have been converted into studios and spaces for creative people to offer classes for kids in pretty much anything you can imagine. For the adults, there are craft beer breweries.... it's Chicago <eye-rolling>.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment