Monday, August 5, 2024

April from Leslie - Peru trip report


I was really happy with how Leslie designed around my alternative name. The colors are so nice and the card inside is equally lovely. Check out all the places that she worked out ways for letters to share strokes. Is there a name for that? It's very cool. The word might be ligature. Maybe not. Maybe I'll figure it out and post more on the topic. Maybe not.


I'll be mindful about too much jabbering about yard work and gardening. I guess I could switch to a trip report from the trip to Peru. My son was there in July - and when I was getting a trip report, I asked him how the food had been. He said it was probably the best food he has ever had on any of his trips. Even the food that was provided when they were sleeping in tents up by the glaciers was wonderful.

He had several good stories about the various places they ate. My favorite was the one where they were at a place where the server did not speak any English. He relied on Google translate to tell them that the special of the day was Hedgehog Ceviche. That sounded bizarre - so they ordered it. When it arrived - it was Sea Urchin Ceviche. 

Later - I decided to Google - to see if people eat hedgehogs - and oh.my.gosh -- stay away from hedgehogs. They were popular in medieval times.... it is no longer advisable to eat them because of the diseases and parasites they carry. Apologies if this is not something anyone wants to be reading.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment