Sunday, August 4, 2024

April from Kristine - moss


I know Kristine included a description of what she used to make that sunburst. It looks more like a dandelion flower gone to seed, but in my current tizzy over weeds, I'm going to go with sunburst. Time is not permitting me to find what she wrote as I'm scrambling to fill blurbs....

***
Apologies for more yard talk.

Back on July 9th I mentioned a book about moss. Recently I wandered over to the north side of my house and discovered a lot of moss. I rarely go over to that side of the house - but, someone was giving away some free ferns and I always thought ferns would be happy on the north side of my house. 

The neighbors on that side of the house planted a tree between the houses. So that's made it super shady and the grass has given up. I need to talk to them and see if they are OK with me turning the space into a moss garden. They are like me - in that they never have a reason to go over to the south side of their house. The Virginia creeper that they have allowed to grow on their fence has crept along their house and then sent runners over to my house.

It was like a Little Shop of Horrors -- and I'm so disappointed that I did not take a photo before I removed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment