Tuesday, August 13, 2024

April from Janet (Rachael's design) - Mother Nature


This is from Janet and she said it was inspired by an envelope she recieved from Rachael. It inspired me to do quite a few versions - they will all pop up in a few days. I put it in my *swipe file.* That's a term from 50+ years ago when I was working as a graphic designer before the days of desk top publishing. All we had were desks, t-squares, pencils and markers - and X-acto knives. E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. has changed in that industry. But, the marker fumes of days gone by are alive and well in my brain and I knew I would have fun analyzing the steps to create something similar to this.

***
I am writing this on Friday, Aug 2 - less than 2 weeks ago and am at the tail end of a week where Mother Nature decided to do some housekeeping. She'd been dropping hints, literally. Giant tree branches were falling off the 75 year old maple trees in our front yard. The ones that provided much needed shade. One of them had dropped branches, not once, but twice onto cars that were parked in front of our house doing serious damage. Numerous times we had large branches to deal with after storms. 

Don't mess with Mother Nature. She was letting us know that the trees were geriatric and if we didn't take them out, she would. And if they happened to fall on our house - not her problem. 

MrWilson has had a to-do list that included calling a tree service - but he's been preoccupied - so on Monday I took over and called Roy. I got Roy's name from my son. Roy told me what a nice kid I had and said he'd be over on Tuesday to look at the tree that only had two main branches left.

To be continued....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment