Saturday, August 3, 2024

April from Juliana - ajuga

 

This one delights me - that banner on either side of the Q has her address. I wonder if she had rubber stamps made - or perhaps she created artwork and ran the envelopes through a printer - and then did a little hand coloring. It looks so nice with the stamp. I am also a fan of the tiny address and the expanded letter spacing on my name and address.

***
Since you were all kind about my ant-rant. Here comes a landscaping cloth rant. That stuff seems like a good idea when it is first installed - but then all the mulch on top decomposes and you have a bunch of dirt on top of it and the weeds go crazy. Some people think I am crazy for offering to de-install the landscaping cloth at my son's house. Even he seems to question whether it's the type of work his mom should be doing - but, I think it is good exercise and I generally only spend an hour every morning when it is cool. I should probably calculate how many square feet of the stuff I have removed --- but mostly - I wonder why people think it's a good idea. By now, I would have thought that everyone can see what a mess it creates. Maybe it's one of those *luxury* items - they hire someone to do the landscaping and then budget for someone to maintain it.

Now I have to decide what to plant in the dirt that will fill in really fast and choke out weeds. We did a test patch of ajuga and it seems to be very happy. If anyone has any warnings about ajuga - please let me know right away. I don't want to be putting in something that is going to turn into a different problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment