Saturday, August 10, 2024

April from Sharen - One room art school



I do not recall how two envelopes from Sharen ended up in the April stack. Maybe she sent two - in which case - thank you. In case I have not made this abundantly clear - my methods for keeping track of incoming mail and responding is -- what? -- deplorable? Non-existent? 

***

I really enjoyed this video about an art school that has been around a long time. It includes all kinds of things that I agree with. I like how he included the main criticism he gets about his method/style of teaching - which is - all the students' work *looks alike*.  To which he responds: "Yeah. It's good!"

The point is that he teaches people how to render exactly what they see - and then from there - they can grow into their own specific style. It's the same with lettering and calligraphy ---



 

No comments:

Post a Comment