Thursday, June 1, 2023

From Janet to Tracy (9)


This is in my steal worthy file. Thank you, Janet

 

The Certificate Story - Chapter (9)

I was assured that the certificate would be printed by Thursday at the latest. I had never gotten to see my paper proof. I gave up on that. While they never acted like I was becoming annoying - I just felt like it was time to back off - and have some faith.  But that paranoid Jean from yesterday - her intuition just kept pestering. She had to come up with a secret method to pester the digital people without them knowing that she was pestering.

I left them alone on Tuesday - but on Wednesday afternoon, I realized that I had taken my old school metal ruler (18-in) on the second trip on Monday so I could measure the paper proof - that I thought I would see - and because I had learned on the first trip on Monday that they did not have any rulers handy - they only had a tape measure. Then I had left my ruler there on Monday - so I figured that was a good excuse - to drop in late on Wednesday to retrieve my ancient relic of a ruler and ask - "By the way -- are we going to have that final printed certificate done by noon tomorrow?"

I retrieved my ruler - which had one of my return address stickers on it - from my years of teaching and labeling e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. so they had kindly left it at the front counter. FamiliarFace assured me that the certificate would be printed by noon on Thursday, I headed out to the parking lot. 

Whoa - what's this -- here comes Familiar Face -- guess what -- it's already printed. Thank heavens he went to look at the pick-up desk - and there it was. I went inside to look at it -- and who appeared -- Person A - remember him? He took the original order before I left for Chicago - and I have not seen him since then. He's holding the file with my layout and the original art. He has missed out on everything we've been through. The file is clearly marked: Connie Wilson - as is the finished certificate. So that explained why nobody could find anything. I should have asked him if he thought I was Connie.

So the three of us open the package to view the certificate.

Care to take a guess as to what we found?

1 comment: