Saturday, June 17, 2023

Cartoons to Troy


 OK - we are back to the cartoon stamps. I think this was the first one where I decided to stack the names. Since I'm fading away from actual calligraphy - it seems like a good alternative - to use the basic shapes of letters and make something else. Colored pencils saved the day. I finally pulled out that set of 150 pencils that I bought for my daughter when she was in middle school and I still had a feeling that she might develop an interest in art. She really wanted the set  -- and then never used them Not even once. I think the set was about $75 when I bought it - which was a lot for me to pay for something a kid wanted - although, I knew that if she didn't use them - I would. So why has it taken me 30 years to use them? The same set today is $125.

Maybe it is because I still have most of my original set. It's complicated to combine sets - I have one flat box of just the really short ones - because they get lost if you put them with others in the mugs. I always kept my pencils in mugs - and now I'd rather have them in flat boxes. I don't like rummaging through mugs. Just jabbering.

No comments:

Post a Comment