Monday, June 12, 2023

Lichtenstein to Sharon


 Monday through Friday of this week will be the five Roy Lichtenstein stamps. So far - they are turning out to be a bit challenging. I like the fruit - but I think this one is a terrible image of an explosion. I guess it is OK. But - to be just OK when you have been chosen to be on a stamp is disappointing. Or maybe a better way to say that - the designer made unfortunate (or odd) choices when they chose which pieces of Roy's art to put on stamps.


This is a good Lichtenstein explosion. And I even think that mine is better than the one on the stamp. I was pleased with how this one came out. I was thinking the O should explode - but it didn't look right in the pencil version. So I moved it over to the A - and voila - it's perfect. It's been a long time since I did something that I like. I'd figure out something better for the H, R, and N. The points need to be sharper. And the S is not smooth. But for the first one out of the gate - I was encouraged.



No comments:

Post a Comment