Wednesday, June 28, 2023

To Lynne - outlined with RR stations stamp


 This was not a first attempt. It is one of a series and they will appear in a random order because following my thought process is impossible. I was inspired by one of Rachael's envelopes and I hope to find the inspiration envelope - but we can critique this one without seeing the inspiration piece.

The railroad station envelopes have some beautiful colors and I enjoyed working with them. However, I was not wowed by any of the results - until I stopped coloring them in. Maybe I can create a cliffhanger situation. Can you imagine what this one would look like without any color? 

Maybe we should discuss the difference between writing the letters and outlining - or just drawing an outline based on the general knowledge of what letters look like. If you have not tried outlining letters without writing them first - you probably should. Balloon lettering is an outlined style. It's usually not very stylish. Just make a note that if you ever drew balloon letters - you have done the easies basic style of outlined lettering. Step 2 is to square them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment