Sunday, June 4, 2023

From Kate to Tracy


When I collect these sets of envelopes for people who are not expecting them, I am always impressed with the variety. This one stands out because it was the only black one - and it is understated - which is always a welcome variation. That's the gift of designing around flowers. One is enough. Three is lovely. A whole bunch of one is obviously fun. A wild conglomeration of many kinds is exuberant. It's pretty hard to go wrong with flowers. After all these years - one would think I could just do a steady stream of flowers....

I just came from a walk with Tracy and gave her the pack of envelopes. I wrapped them in a paper that I really didn't care for - but it was handy. I have a hard time parting with pretty paper - so I figured I'd use something not worthy of being saved - in case she has the same temptation to collect used wrapping paper. 

I have 20 posts with envelopes ready to go - as soon as I fill in the jabbering. I know I will be hearing from Tracy - so at some point you'll hear her response to her mail. The weather was bad so we had to drive to a mall for our walk. There was a huge temporary garden shop set up in the parking lot. She had mentioned that there is one particular shade of terra cotta impatiens that she likes and it's hard to find. We did not find it. This is her artistic side - she's on a quest for a particular shade of flower -- and there will be no substitutes. My kind of person.


 




I should have taken a lot more photos of Tracy's garden. It is gorgeous. I love her chair made out of giant stones. That's a big bag of cotton burr compost off to the side. I tricked my son into coming with me to unload some bags for Tracy and put them around her garden since neither Tracy or I could lift them.


No comments:

Post a Comment