Sunday, June 25, 2023

Maybe Nanski? - Raub Druckerin


The postmark is June of 2021 - and Boston - so this might be from -- Nanski? I found these photos in a folder with a whole batch of envelopes that I made for some postal workers - clearly my drag and drop skills were not working very well. These irises are so pretty. Blue and white with a touch of green is such a refreshing palette. 

A few weeks ago I had a post referring to a palette as a pallet - and a pallet is one of those wooden platforms used for shipping stuff. I corrected it around 6 am - so if you are an early reader - you might have noted the mistake. 




I do not recall if I ever linked to these people. They are in Denmark and they make prints off interesting man-hole-covers and other similar objects.

I love the story of how they got started and I also love the prints they make.

https://raubdruckerin.de/collections - if you are only going to click on one of the links - the one below is more interesting. This one just has t-shirts and tote bags. Or if you are a surfer, you might want to click on all the tabs - and read the story of how they got started.

I would not spend $54 on a t-shirt - or $108 on two so that I got free shipping. But, I think they are pretty.

I plugged the name Raub Druckerin into Google translate and it said: Rob Printer. I think it lost something in the translation. Maybe it means something like Stolen Prints.


There are a several really fun ideas at this linked page that show other items and places where they have made prints off of things found whilst out and about.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, that envelope is from Nanski. I recognize her writing and style

    ReplyDelete