Sunday, June 18, 2023

The Money Karl Story



Money Karl is a retired person who had a career doing something that involved the money end of the company and was nicknamed Money Karl because there was another person at the company named Karl and he had a different nickname. I met Karl through the Flourish Forum where he posted some questions about Spencerian. I sent him an actual letter written to me a long time ago by someone whose Spencerian is very good because I think people who want to write in Spencerian need to see actual samples and not just reproductions or images on screens. I think Karl agreed with me after he received the example.

Karl's Spencerian is lookin' good. Real good. Better than mine ever was. He has progressed much further than I dreamed was possible considering how many decades of muscle memory he was trying to retrain. He still nitpicks at his skill level - but, IMHO - the only thing he could do to further his skill level is drop all his other activities which include -- well, let's just say he does a ton of stuff. Musical stuff, athletic stuff, brain stuff, unicycle stuff. If he wants to submit a list of all the things he does- he may do so. I keep thinking it would be fun to talk more about some of the readers. 

This is important: all those different skills at things other than penmanship were all things that contributed to his ability to pick up Spencerian at an amazing rate. So - he should probably not drop all the other activities just to improve his penmanship. What he should do - is stop nitpicking - but that seems to be hard wired - so we'll stop harping on that. Harping seems to be one of my hard wired quirks.

I fussed around trying to make an arrangement of stamps that I liked - and then I realized that there was enough to use a square envelope - but they fit better on this one - so I wasted the extra cents. I thought a money guy would like to have the stamps arranged in a logical order. Maybe the post office will like it, too.

***

Money Karl let me know that I did not add up the stamps correctly. There was not enough for a square envelope. My arithmetic skills are glitchy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment