Friday, June 16, 2023

Lichtenstein to Alison


 I was dreading this stamp. It was going to be hard to do much without using a ruler - but I was too lazy to go get my circle templates - and then I hodge-podged it - doing hand drawing and going over it with a ruler -- I guess I'm really 50-50 on how this one turned out. I see potential - and parts of it are nice. I think it wants to be a stacked pile of all the letters that fills up the left third of the envelope. 


The art museum here in Des Moines has one of Lichtenstein's pyramid paintings. I would have loved to have seen Roy's pyramids on a stamp. Grrrr at the person who made such strange choices. I know that's just my opinion - it's entirely possible that I don't know enough about Roy's work to know which ones are the best examples of his work.



1 comment: