Thursday, June 22, 2023

Cartoons to Mary + CathyO


(Whew - this post had been filled.)

 These two are fun together. I like the stamp placement on Mary's. And I like the mail flying all over the place on Cathy's. In the past, I had more focus to do fun little drawings. Somehow - I'm veering off in a different direction. Making a game out of using up all the envelopes and stamps seems to be working. It's not really a game - but I don't know what to call it. I guess it is a system where I let things come together in a way that is random and that I just have to accept. This stops me from spending too much time on pondering. It's like being handed an assignment and being told - make it work.

The white Pitt marker is drying up - so I went over parts of the letters two or three times. Layering dry markers is one of my oldest *things* that I enjoy doing to get some texture going. I'm guessing a search for *dry marker* would bring up a ton of posts from the past. (pause) I just checked - roughly 23 posts. It's always a trip down memory lane to do some of these searches. I get a little bummed at how faded my skills are becoming - or maybe I should be enjoying the fading - which is a lot like *drying up.*



No comments:

Post a Comment