Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Lichtenstein to AmyG


 I liked the idea of this - but it was really hard. I should've put in the lemons. I like that there is a good chunk of green to work with. Ideas inspired by this stamp might do better if I refrain from being so literal. Or - maybe stay literal and put in all the elements but make them larger ----

***
Oh, dear -- I wrote that first part a while ago - and then came back to write a little more - and I was aghast at what I drew. It's dreadful. I want to delete the image. I am stunned that I even posted it. The only reason I am leaving it up is because it was so startling to see it - and I dislike it so much. I'm writing this on the 7th - so we'll see what my reaction is when I see it again - in a week. 

***
It's still dreadful. Here is something to delight our eyes - from the fabulous Louis Lemoine. He's been mentioned previously as a designer for Disney, now retired. I hosted him when he was in DSM teaching and also met up at one of the conferences. A delightful person. I am in awe of his *everyday* penmanship. He can make ballpoint pens dance.



No comments:

Post a Comment