Wednesday, May 31, 2023

From Kristine to Tracy (8)


Kristine has a certain style that I always recognize - and I keep thinking I will do a version of my own -- s.o.m.e.d.a.y.

 

The Certificate Story - Chapter 8

When I got home, I found another old copy of the certificate (actual size) and marked it up again -  to show them what my original directions looked like - since they had not fiound them. Person C called me and I headed off to see what they had come up with. 

This was the worse moment - because it was still not a hard copy - and I was starting to look like the worst customer in the universe for saying I needed to see a hard copy at the exact size. 

F.i.n.a.l.l.y Person F showed up. F for Familiar Face. F for FireFighter. The guy who can bail all of us out.

Familiar Face understood why I needed to see the proof at the actual size. But the printer was still not working. He had a really good idea - to put my *pencil lines* with the dimentions I needed onto the image on the screen -- and when he did that -- AH-HAH!!!!!! Validation!!!!! Things were *off.* I finally felt like we were getting somewhere - it was still Monday - and the changes seemed pretty simple....

....why - yes - Familiar Face said -- so simple -- let's just do them right here, right now -- and so we did. 

Was I feeling better about the whole situation? I was - until I found out that Person D - the fine art scanner was not going to be able to print out the certificate until Wednesday or maybe Thursday morning? This was cutting things way too close. Familiar Face and I had fixed it -- just print it out - today - Monday - or Tuesday. Or maybe it is complicated to load the various papers, etc into the printers -- I can see how that might have been an issue. So, I thanked FamiliarFace and tried to feel confident that the final would be OK even though I never saw a paper proof. 

But wait a minute -- this has been a crazy path - why would I expect things to run smoothly at this point. I should know that letting my guard down at this point was a StupidJean move. I had signed off on a screen image. I had never gotten my hard copy proof. This was not the time to just *trust* that we'd had enough problems and we were not going to have any more.

At no point should anyone think that I was going overboard with my paranoia. And yes - spoiler alert - I was not overboard. I was a crusty old sea captain with a lifetime of learning experiences. That *worst moment* I thought I was having a few paragraphs before was not the worst. Walking out - agreeing to getting a final on Thursday - with no hard copy proof - and no more days to sort this out. This was the worst. 

Grrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment