Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Lauren - to Peggy and Jean


Lauren sent a card and envelope to me - even though I only had Peggy on the list -- and several other exchangers did the same -- and I deeply regret that I do not make a point of thanking each person who sends an extra. My excuse(s) is(are) valid. To be honest - the amount of stuff that goes right is quite surprising.

It was fun talking to Peggy about all the different mail that arrived - and how things were made. Lauren does digital art - and some of it - like this - looks convincingly hand done. The flourish on CathyO's was not convincingly hand done. I had to point out to Peggy how we could tell that it was not printed on the envelope. The initial on the inside was a lot more convincing. And coming up will be some rubber stamping that Peggy was sure was preprinted on the envelope,

With her master's degree in printmaking - Peggy is familiar with every possible way to put images onto paper - or other substrate ?? Is that the word? There is a word for *anything* that you adhere an image to - I think - we have just entered a foggy area of my memory - and I have no idea where to go to get some accurate definitions. I do recall having a list of vocabulary used in printmaking and being gobsmacked at how long the list was. But -- we are beyond re-searching that rabbit hole.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment