Sunday, May 7, 2023

To Gloria at the PO


Quite a while ago - I made a display for our main post office - using the names of the people who worked at the counter. I think that most of them have moved to different positions - and my son said that Gloria  (who is newer) was wondering if I could do an envelope for her. She's the person who helps people get their passports and she had just helped Hunter renew his. 

So - I did these two for Gloria. I did the gray one first and thought it was a little subdued. So I did a second one. Then after it sat on my desk for a while, I decided to go around the edge with white dots on top of the heavy black line. It gives an edge that looks like the zig-zag edge of stamps - which I rather like.

Those perforated edges on old vintage stamps are cool. I like them better than the self adhesive zig-zags.
The ENERGY stamp is such a nice stamp. The colors alone pretty much guarantee a fun envelope. Of course, it only works on envelopes that are not going through the mail. Back on April 26, there is a big square envelope with 4 of these - which was OK - it also had an international stamp. Then on April 19 - there is one where I had to use 8 of them - and that's just too many.






No comments:

Post a Comment