Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Valerie - to Peggy and Jean


Here is an envelope that Peggy was sure was pre-printed. This was Valerie's first exchange and she signed up for April as well - so - hopefully the exchange is providing a good fit for her creative outlet needs.

***

I'm adding blurbs while I am out of town so I might not remember to fill in a picture of her note inside the envelope. She used cancelled stamps as a decorative motif - cutting them off an envelope and leaving a small border of the paper around the stamp. It's a very clever way to get one more bit of use out of the stamps. 

I Googled *reuse postage stamp art* and *recycle postage stamp art* and there are all kinds of ideas. Feel free to look around on your own. 

Here is a video (under 4 minutes) featuring one of the art directors who works on the USPS stamp designs. I would say that it is required watching for everyone who reads this blog - but, I have no way of enforcing that decree. So, I'll just have faith that all y'all have some clarity about your priorities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKh3lq6SV84

It is 6 years old - and there are many more videos along the right side of the screen - which I may or may not get back to s.o.m.e.d.a.y.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment