Friday, May 26, 2023

From Mary to Tracy (4)


This is clever - to put apple blossoms with the Shel Silverstein stamp - very clever as well as lovely.
 

The Certificate Story - Chapter 4

What could wrong? All I did was book myself into Chicago for two weeks to help out while my granddaughter had her tonsils and adenoids out. They warn parents that the first week can be pretty rough (true) and even the second week can be a bit painful (also true). The Saturday between the two recovery weeks was the day of a HUGE school fundraiser that my daughter has worked on for enough years that she had worked her way into a position that entailed a ton of work and her husband had a work trip scheduled for the following week. Having Nanna on board for a couple weeks seemed like a good idea. 

What could go wrong? Well, dad could twist his ankle on his way out the door to the hospital for the tonsillectomy and it could end up being a broken bone. And he's one of those dads who actually does a ton of stuff around the house. Actual helpful chore type stuff. Stuff that my daughter and I would never do - like plant flowers and water them. So daughter and I end up without Mr Helpful - and she had tickets to meet up with a friend - for a mom's weekend on the weekend that I was supposed to go home. HelpfulDad could have easily covered that weekend on his own.

HelpfulDad felt really bad about being incapacitated - and said that if I was willing to stay an extra week he'd really like WearyMom to go on her mom's weekend. I didn't think it would be any problem to stay the extra week. I could approve the certificate online - see a proof on May 8th - and still have time to make changes and get it run off by May 11 - for meeting on May 12. What could go wrong?

2 comments: