Sunday, May 21, 2023

To Sharon, Mary, Janet in April

This was written a while ago - and got bumped. After this - we'll have a steady stream of Tracy's mail.


OK, we're back to the pointed nib with indigo ink that I did in early May. Sharon's might be the best - partly because it looks so nice with the stamps. It would not have worked with just the tole stamps. It needed the blue on the clown to tie it all together.

 



I had done those bands of flourishing on a whole stack of envelopes and then when I started filling the names and addresses - I started making a lot of mistakes. For me -- 3 is a lot. I suppose I should compare the number of mistakes to the overall number of envelopes...seems like it was about 9 or 10 - so that's around 30%. That's really bad.

Rather than attempt corrections on Maggie's and Leslie's, I put theirs into outer envelopes. Then I spaced off on finding (and fixing) the third error -- and didn't even think about it until I got home from the PO. Grrrrrr. I started looking through the photographs to find the one that had an error - and I knew it was in the zip - but I couldn't find it. It was driving me a little crazy that I couldn't find a wrong zip in the photos -- and I just figured that I would wait and see if it was returned. Technically - if the zip is wrong - the correct address - street+city+state - should get the letter delivered.

Thankfully, Mary sent me a photo of hers - so I knew that it had arrived - and then - I realized why I couldn't find the zip error - because it was covered up when I photographed hers with Janet's.




So what's with the NON-MACHINEABLE rubber stamp?
This was in the stack that had some square envelopes - and some multiple stamps - that I took to a clerk -- and that  particular clerk sounded like she knew exactly what to do -- but she must have added that non-machineable stamp after I left -- because I sure as heck would not want a standard shaped envelope with a clear address stamped with that red stamp. 
I asked a different clerk at a different station and got a bit of an answer. Which will appear tomorrow.


1 comment: