Saturday, May 6, 2023

From Grace in March


 Another steal worthy idea - this one from Grace. I do not have any Shel Silverstein stamps. Seems like there might be a way to combine the idea with a different stamp. I guess I have to count the letters in all the names - both first and last. And I have a feeling that the first name only works because I have a boring name with no ascenders or descenders. Imagine any name with a y - it wouldn't work - unless maybe it started with a J - this one descends - so a y at the end would work. 

The last names need to be 5-7 letters - or maybe I could flip it and do something like SHARON in the leaf letters and Fite in the script - but the script would not look good over on the right. Would it look OK to have the last name ahead of the first name? Spoiler alert, Sharon - I think I'm going to try that......

***

Chuck sent this spectacular link to the Louvre - so we can browse their collection online.

20,544 items in the writings and inscription section -- this is going to take a while ---

Thanks Chuck!

https://collections.louvre.fr/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment