Wednesday, July 27, 2022

To Mary in July - Passing the torch


Mary deserves something better than this because she has been so generous in sending me extra envelopes to post. I did a rough draft on regular paper and then grabbed this vellum (translucent) envelope from the stack of orphans. The ink from the Sharpies is so wimpy. Grrrr. Plus I can't get crisp edges. Grrr. Maybe her name just needed to be larger.

***
 Yesterday we reviewed my background and the young adult coaching I got from my parents. I am currently learning how to coach my son who has his first house which is 100 years old. I didn't get to coach my daughter and her husband because they chose new construction for their first condo and also their first house. I have one piece of advice for anyone who has chosen new construction. Be vigilant about maintenance and plan on moving when the youngest kid graduates from high school - or maybe college. Buying a 1949 house in 1979 - we went through all the usual things a house needs after 30-40-years -- and it's an endless process. 

At this point, it would be easier to just move - rather than do any more big projects.

My son was actually inspired by all the weed pulling I did and he did more. We even researched how to replace a couple broken pieces of flagstone and are excited to do that. That was last week. This week, I figured we would maintain the momentum. Silly me. Someone has lured him to a concert in Pittsburgh. <sigh> 

When he called to see if I was available for pet-sitting -- he said, "It's going to be really hot and I'm worried that you are going to pull more weeds." To which I responded sharply, "YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME."

It's a two-way street. Little does he know, it's too hot to pull weeds so I am going to paint his living room. Nanna gets the last laugh.

1 comment:

  1. I loved my envelope! I especially like the way you highlighted the velum with the cool postcard inside. I am happy!

    ReplyDelete