Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Chuck's *sunny* flowers - with apologies

In case you missed it - another one of those articles about the value of handwritten letters and notes. No mention of elevated envelopes - the frosting on the cake.


Chuck's flowers look great on yellow and echo the round shape of the sunflowers - which are yellow. I wonder if anyone has come up with a non-yellow sunflower. That would be silly. Chuck sent me the design for his December exchange envelopes. Once again - ChuckM gets the award for being the most organized.

***
We are 4 days from the 1 year anniversary of me bonking my head. I've cluttered my blog with brain chitchat for a year now and my goal is to return to more art and design. On the other hand, I get some pretty fun feedback from my rants and some of the other random topics. It's hard to know what my *audience* wants. Let's just go with *variety.*

Apologies today because I ran across this tidbit:

Once in a while, get in the car without turning on your GPS, and try to navigate through the streets from memory.  A small 2020 study suggested that people who used a GPS more frequently over time showed a steeper cognitive decline in spatial memory three years later.

 We don't need to have our PhDs in brain research to have come to this conclusion. I will refrain from ranting about the insidious undermining of our skills by electronics. This was from the NYT review of a book by Richard Restak, The Complete Guide to Memory. The people in the comment section have a wide variety of agreements and disagreements. I'll let all y'all make up your own minds. 

https://quotlr.com/author/richard-restak

You knew I was going to research non-yellow sunflowers. A few sunflowers hombre into orange. I saw one that was all red and then this atrocity which deserves a full day rant, but, I am going to refrain. It looks like a blood clot in the middle - and then leak through on the bandage. Yuk.


5:23 am - I still haven't figured out how to leave a comment on my own blog - but, when I read this - I decided that it is not a bad flower - it is a bad photo. I'm sure in real life - it is a beautiful flower - and that someone could figure out a way to capture the beauty in a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment