Friday, July 22, 2022

Sarah's jubilee and sweet note - Senior Living


Sooooo pretty. I love everything about this. The idea, the colors, the kraft paper, the details, even the challenging to read address - that delighted some postal workers, no doubt. I do not normally share the personal notes that exchangers enclose - but I just have to share this one - because the penmanship is so cute -- and the sentiment is so sweet.


***

How many of you winced yesterday when you read the words senior living facility? Most of us don't have it on our wish list but considering how unpredictable life can be, those of us in our 70s should probably ponder what our options are. 

My brilliant idea popped up when I remembered Mrs. Weaver (80-ish) who lived next door to us when we were first married. She had Miss Moffitt. Miss Moffitt (70-ish) had no family and was happy to hang with Mrs. Weaver. Miss Moffitt aged out of the arrangement and then Loretta arrived. 

If MrWilson decides to take his dirt nap and leave me to fend for myself, I'm thinking I should find some artist who needs a place to live and just have them move in and trade helper-work for rent. As the guy who hired me during the years I worked as a graphic designers always said, "Artists are a dime a dozen." In a perfect world, it would be someone who wanted to be a calligrapher, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment