Monday, July 11, 2022

From Ming to Alex - weeds


Alex(andra) was delighted with her envelope full of stickers from Ming. For some reason, little brother Ben decided that he needed that flamingo in the upper right had corner of the top sheet of stickers. Spirited *horse trading* ensued. I secretly video taped them - and will include the footage in my Nanna's highlights reel that I produce as soon as I get back to learning how to edit videos. It seems like a cold weather activity. Although, if the heat persists - summer is getting to be just as in-door-sy as winter. 

I have been sneaking over to my son's house to do some secret weed pulling. He works from 4 am to 12:30pm - so, I can take advantage of the cool morning hours. I kept thinking I would hear from him because I did not ask permission. After not hearing from him, I finally asked (via text) if he noticed any absence of weeds in his front yard. He only noticed a little bit that was gone from between the flagstones. 

Note to self: take before and after photos.

We have city dumpsters -- that pick up yard waste. He has the 64 gallon size which is large enough to conceal a fairly large (and flexible) adult human. I had FILLED the entire thing. It took me 40 years to establish a maintenance-free yard at my house - which is why I had to find weeds elsewhere.

My goal was to force myself to bend over and get rid of the sensation that my brain is sloshing about and I am happy to report that it's getting a little less *sloshy.*
 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how much work you can do & then have it go mostly unnoticed? My son & his wife left both of their cars at my house last year while they went on vacation. As a nice surprise, I hand washed both of them just before they returned. Did I expect some form of thanks or at least recognition of my efforts? Yep. But....Not.a.word. Ever. Won't happen again this year...learned my lesson! Hoping your son is more grateful when he realizes how much you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice way to do therapy a ND help your son out at the same time. I love doing quiet, secret acts of kindness both for family and for neighbors or strangers. I have to admit, I do it as much for the way it makes me feel as I do for their benefit.

    ReplyDelete