Thursday, July 14, 2022

Mary's coffee - 3rd and final on testing

 This must be from Mary - as usual, I my downloads are all mixed up. Thank you to people who send images to share.  This is so cute. I wonder if she has a coffee stamp to go with it.


*** Add-on jabbering:

Here is the part that might be useful to anyone who is being screened for dementia. They dig back into the stuff that we were supposed to learn in school. I can't remember all the questions - but here are things you might want to review. Or, if you remember these things - you can feel confidant that you are retaining stuff that you might need. Shout out to ChuckM who remembered that Wistful Vista was the name of the street where Fibber McGee and Molly lived. That was not one of the questions.

What is the distance of the equator? I can't imagine why anyone needs this information - but it will be my go-to question for conversational lulls. I guessed 8,000 miles which would have gotten me 1/3th of the way around the earth.

How long does it take for light to reach the earth - from the sun? I had no idea and did not want to even guess - but they require a guess - so I said, "212,000 minutes" because I had just responded to "At what temperature does water boil?" so 212 seemed like a fun number.  Then the number 8 popped into my head - so I said, "No, wait, it might be 8 minutes." 

This made the person doing the screening laugh - because my numbers were so far apart - even for guessing. She did not tell me that I actually did recall a number that was pretty close -- it's 8 min and 20 sec on average. I looked it up when I got home. 

A few more questions I recalled: Who wrote Alice in Wonderland?  Who came up with the theory of relativity? Who was president during the Civil War? Who was Martin Luther King? What is the largest organ in the human body? Who wrote Hamlet? 

And ChuckM sent this link for the Fibber McGee and Molly fans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSULisujRYg

1 comment:

  1. This was my Father's Day card envelope. A coffee stamp would have been perfect, but I'm fortunate enough to have my parents living downstairs, so no stamp needed.
    I need to brush up on my random knowledge facts!

    ReplyDelete