Friday, July 29, 2022

Fine-line flourishing for ChuckM - Ann Patchett


This one might not show up very well on a screen. In real life - it is one that I love so much I had a hard time parting with it. I might have posted it previously - and would enjoy knowing how many years it's been in my stack - if it was easy to find on the blog - but it is not. 

***

It's been a while since I've recommended a book. Because I can't remember anything, I don't bother with new books - I mostly just re-read. Although, I saw a new book (through library download) by Ann Patchett, These Precious Days. I recall liking other books by her - but I don't remember which ones. This one is a collection of essays and the first two are good. I should wait until I am done in case it fizzles out, but, I'm on a tight deadline to fill up July.

I also downloaded an audiobook, Life Reimagined: The Science, Art, and Opportunity of Midlife. I should have read it a couple decades ago. Chock full of stuff to learn before you are in your 70's. I'm only on the science part. Maybe the *art* part will have some good tips to put in some of the August posts - where I plan to post more art related topics.

***

I'm over halfway through the Ann Patchett book and there is an excellent essay on being inspired to do a hoard reduction of her house. So far, I am liking all of the essays.

No comments:

Post a Comment