Sunday, July 10, 2022

Mary's gnome for Alex - Ridiculous extreme?


This adorable gnome is from Mary. Alex loved it. Although - I'm having a weird feeling that I might have mixed up the names - and the kids are gone - and took the mail with them. If I have mixed up the names - please let me know.

The whole visit didn't really have any problems - but I could tell that I was somewhat inept at the usual multi-tasking. Between the weather and other un-planned events - it was a bit chaotic. 

***

Well, the Maldives have carried the grid-aversion to a ridiculous extreme. Apparently their islands are sinking or the oceans are rising - so they have designed new floating islands and went for a *brainy* patterned system of *streets.* 

I am withdrawing my rant from yesterday. Maybe grids are un-natural. Maybe it's better to just do the opposite of logical stuff. Maybe this is the way creatures are meant to live. Maybe the postal workers are going to hold all the mail at a central location and you have to come pick it up. I believe that system worked for a long time. Maybe it was silly to offer door to door service. I am curious as to how they are naming or numbering the houses in case you want to invite someone to your house. If the plan is to just rely on your *app* I'm thinking that is a very short-sighted plan.


Full article with details. I have no idea if the info I shared is even accurate. 


1 comment: