Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Leslie to Leanne - More testing


 This is a fun one - maybe watercolor - and then swoops on top - and some round stickers around the edge.  I should probably pick up some more polka dot stamps if they are still available. Thank you, Leslie, for providing extras so that I can get July filled.

***

While the non-verbal testing is wildly interesting to me, I'm not that bad at verbal parts - until it came to the dreaded story problems, involving math - without paper and pencil. Grrrr. I am good at story problems in math - but I must have paper and pencil. I struggled through and am pretty sure that I got them right or at least close and then we got to Mary who could bake 2 cakes in 30 minutes. So how long would it take to bake 15 cakes?

I quickly responded - 30 minutes. The tester looked up at me with an *I wasn't expecting that answer* look on her face - and asked if I was sure? I pointed out that I did not know how many ovens Mary had or perhaps she worked in a bakery with a commercial oven. Test-person chuckled - and agreed that the problem needed to be clarified. I doubt I get bonus points for pointing out vague-ness in the questions. 

Then we got to a problem that had so many variables I said - "Sorry, I can't follow any of that" - and we moved on to something else - which we will talk about tomorrow.

When I got home, I did a pop quiz on MrWilson with the cake baking question. His first response was, "How many ovens?" So - there are at least two people who are always looking for tricks in questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment