Friday, July 15, 2022

Patty's popsicle - 4th layer


A yummy popsicle from Patty. I won't show the note that came inside - but do want to mention that Patty has been working on her penmanship and it's looking good. She did a pretty watercolor and printed it for the notecard. The paper is pretty slick so I am doubly impressed with her penmanship. For some reason I am unable to get nice penmanship on slick paper. Or maybe I haven't tried hard enough.

 ***

I guess I will jabber some more about the testing - because I need to fill up July. This is something I learned that might be of interest. Although, I would not trust me to have any accurate information any more. There are 4 layers of memory. The top layer is the *input.* Is your brain accepting information?

If the information gets into your brain, it needs to *lodge* or *stick* somewhere. This happens in the front of your brain (2nd layer) - and this was where I had bleeding when I hit the back of my head and the brain whip-lashed and hit the front of my head. So, it makes sense that most of my issues have to do with information not sticking.

If the information gets *lodged* in your brain, it goes to the third level where it is organized and pondered. I do not know what the symptoms would be if there was damage to that function and I hope I never find out.

And finally, the 4th layer is your long term memory - and I guess we can all imagine how hard it would be to lose that part.

There will be one more tidbit tomorrow and then I promise - we will move on.

For all the neurologists and neuropsychologists and my rehab tour guides who have stumbled across the blog - yes, I did make up my own words - because I couldn't remember the correct words. I cared enough to go back and find them on the piece of paper where I am storing them.

1. Attention

2. Working memory

3. Learning/Consideration

4. Long term - two types - Free and Cued 

No comments:

Post a Comment