Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Title IX to Debbie - Chores for offspring

 


This style of writing is usually called Clothesline Caps. If anyone knows who invented it, please let me know. At some point, I will post the envelope (from CJ) that inspired it. I love these stamps and will keep talking about the one from Kate that I just love - and then one day I will remember to photograph it and post it. My July envelopes were another set where I had high hopes - and then I found a stack of random orphan envelopes to use up - it's a real mixed bag - but then isn't everything. 

I think I need to make a tote bag with the word *MIXED* on it -- and call it my *mixed bag.*

***

On the 11th, I wrote about sneaking over to pull weeds at my son's house and his not noticing. Marilyn left a comment about cleaning cars for both son and DIL - and they did not notice - so she's not going to to do that again. Mary's take on the situation was that it was a random act of kindness. A third person sent a DM commisserating about how her daughter has a meticulous house - and Hulk-sized dandelions in the yard. She's taking the *silence is golden* route.

This reminded me of my own parents - people who had household and yard maintenance skills that were way beyond anything I could aspire to. They were not intrusive, but during the early years, my mom was always quick with advice and offers to help. My dad gets the prize for being the all time best yard service ever. I feel as though we compensated adequately with season golf passes, a variety of other golf related perks and plenty of dining out.  

Eventually, I grew weary of my mom pointing out things that needed to be done so I instituted a rule that if she said anything out loud about something that needed cleaning - she would be the one doing the cleaning. Voila. I never heard another peep out of her -- except when the inside of the car windshield got that weird fog - she'd say, "Well, I guess I have to clean the windshield because I'm talking about it." 

This topic is going to stretch into another day. I'm really scrambling to fill up July.

No comments:

Post a Comment